1. Refer to the exhibit. A student working in the lab selects a cable that is wired as shown. Which connection types can successfully be made with this cable? (Choose two.)
• connecting two routers together via their fast ethernet ports• connecting two switches together at gigabit speeds
• connecting a PC to a switch at Gigabit Ethernet speeds
• connecting two devices with the same interface type at Fast Ethernet spee
• AUX interface
• Ethernet interface
• serial interface
• console interface
3. What makes fiber preferable to copper cabling for interconnecting buildings? (Choose three.)
• greater distances per cable run• lower installation cost
• limited susceptibility to EMI/RFI• durable connections
• greater bandwidth potential• easily terminated
4. A network administrator is required to use media in the network that can run up to 100 meters in cable length without using repeaters. The chosen media must be inexpensive and easily installed. The installation will be in a pre-existing building with limited cabling space. Which type of media would best meet these requirements?
• single-mode fiber
• multimode fiber
• loss of signal strength as distance increases• time for a signal to reach its destination
• leakage of signals from one cable pair to another
• strengthening of a signal by a networking device
• 2046• 2048
9. What type of network cable is used between a terminal and a console port?
• rollover• patch cable
10. Which device is used to create or divide broadcast domains?
11. Refer to the exhibit. What destination IP address will PC1 place in the header for a packet destined for PC2?
12. Refer to the exhibit. Based on the IP configuration shown, what would be the result of Host A and Host B attempting to communicate outside the network segment?
• both host A and B would be successful
• host A would be successful, host B would fail
• host B would be successful, host A would fail• both Host A and B would fail
• RJ 11
• DB 60
• Winchester 15 pin
• DB 9
• smart serial• RJ 45
14. Refer to the exhibit. How many subnets are required to support the network that is shown?
15. What are three common methods for setting a UTP Ethernet port to MDI or MDIX operation? (Choose three.)
• direct configuration of the device• cable color code association
• cable selection and configuration
• use of cable testers to determine pinouts
• the enabling of the mechanism to electrically swap the transmit and receive pairs
• the automatic detection and negotiating of MDI/MDIX operation of the port
16. Which three statements are true about the role of routers in the network? (Choose three.)
• They propagate broadcasts.
• They enlarge collision domains.
• They segment broadcast domains.
• They interconnect different network technologies.
• Each router interface requires a separate network or subnet.• They maintain a common frame format between LAN and WAN interfaces.
17. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has decided to use packet capture software to evaluate all traffic from the student subnet on the way to the Internet. To ensure that all packets are captured, what network device should be used to connect the monitoring station to the network between R1 and R2?
• wireless access point
19. Refer to the exhibit. Which three statements are true about the exhibited topology? (Choose three.)
• Hosts B and C are in the same subnet.
• Five broadcast domains are present.
• Host B is using a crossover cable to connect to the router.• Four broadcast domains are present.
• Five networks are shown.• Host B is using a rollover cable to connect to the router.
• crossover cable
• straight through cable
• rollover cable
• V.35 cable
21. Refer to the exhibit. Which three statements identify the type of cabling that would be used in the segments that are shown? (Choose three.)
• Segment 1 uses backbone cabling.
• Segment 1 uses a patch cable.• Segment 3 uses patch cabling.
• Segment 3 uses vertical cabling.
• Segment 3 uses horizontal cabling.
• Segment 4 uses vertical cabling.
22. Refer to the exhibit. A network technician has been allocated the 192.168.1.0/24 private IP address range for use in the network that shown in the exhibit. Which subnet mask would be used to meet the host requirements for segment A of this internetwork?
• 255.255.255.224• 255.255.255.240
What are two common methods for setting a UTP Ethernet port to MDI or MDIX operation? (Choose two.)
–>the automatic detection and negotiating of MDI/MDIX operation of the port
–> the enabling of the mechanism to electrically swap the transmit and receive pairs
wireless access point